Date: 10 May 92 19:25:20 EDT
From: [lost somewhere along the way]
Subject: Food Trick variation
To: eniac

Well, now that you've mentioned flour and air as being explosive, it
reminds me of what a friend once tried in a large, 5-story stairwell
in college.  It was a large courtyard-like stair, with plenty of room
on the inside.  On the ground floor, he lit a candle.  From the fifth
floor balcony, he leaned over with a double handfull of non-dairy
creamer, and gradually sifted just the tiniest threads of it down
toward the waiting candle.  Just as he judged the first particles of
dust had descended to the flame, he dropped the remaining powder and
stepped back -- just in time to avoid being singed by the resulting
fireball.

Most impressive.  Try it at home! -- *NOT!*