Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 14:16 EDT
From: "Robert M. Hamer" <HAMER@Ruby.VCU.EDU>
Subject: "Yucks"
To: spaf

I'm not sure how funny this is, but it is sort of interesting:

>	WASHINGTON (UPI) -- The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, one of
>the nation's largest and most influential homosexual political groups,
>said Wednesday it opposes the war in the Persian Gulf as detrimental to
>the gay community.

Probably more detrimental to the Iraqi gay community, however.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 91 05:30:02 PST
From: brd@bigbrd (Bill Danielson)
To: joke-of-the-day@bigbrd
Subject: Joke of the day

Source: yaro@eng.sun.com

------------------------------

Date: 1 Feb 91 00:08:47 GMT
From: scott@spectra.com (Tim Scott)
Subject: Apology to the world at large
Newsgroups: news.misc

A few days ago I posted an article which, due to my carelessness,
was way huge.  I'm sorry.  I am unworthy scum.  Let me
abjectly beg your forgiveness, throwing dust upon my head and
throwing my sandal into the Ebon.

(Can you tell that I got some mildly nasty (and deserved) mail?)

As punishment I am going to prohibit myself from posting anything,
anywhere for 4 days.  If, after that time, you deem me eligible
to post again, I will do so with a song in my heart and a spring
in my step.

Or something.