Date:    Mon, 17 Dec 90 09:16:14 -0800
From:    Laurie Sefton <lsefton@apple.com>
To:      spaf
Subject: The *big* midwest earthquake

Date:         Mon, 17 Dec 90 03:22:00 EDT
From: General Delivery <POSTMASTER@USGSRESV.BITNET>
Subject:      EARTHQUAKE INFORMATION MESSAGE - SMALL EVENT

the following is a release by the united states  geological  survey,
national earthquake information center:  a minor earthquake occurred
in the lafayette, indiana area at 10:25 pm MST  yesterday,  dec  16,
1990.   the magnitude was computed at 3.0 on the richter scale.  the
quake was recorded by the  u.   s.   geological  survey  at  golden,
colorado.     this   earthquake   was   felt   from   lafayette   to
crawfordsville.  there have been no reports of damage.

------- End of Forwarded Message