------- Forwarded Message

From: mtxinu!research!ches@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 88 18:18:59 PDT

Letter to the editor in the Santa Cruz Sentinel 5/8/88.
(We have a water shortage problem).

    I read in your paper that during the water shortage, we
    should put a brick in the toilet to save water.  I want to
    be a good person.  I want to help save water, too, so I folllowed your
    suggestion.
    The only thing I can say about that little experiment is, don't
    try it.  The first time I used the toilet after the brick was in,
    the paper and the other stuff got all clogged up around it and
    when I flushed it, the toilet overflowed all over the place.
    I had to reach down in there and fish that brick out with my
    bare hands.  Then it took me about an hour to mop the place up.

    Why do you do these things to your readers?  Is this your idea
    of a joke?  Goodness knows, I try.  I try to do the right thing,
    but this kind of stuff has got to go.  I demand a retraction, so
    that the rest of the people out there don't have to endure the
    same kind of terrible experience I did.

------- End of Forwarded Message