[Prev][Next][Index]

[bostic@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Bostic): It Had To Happen]

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Fri, 24 Aug 90 12:11:57 -0700
From:    bostic@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Bostic)
To:      /dev/null@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: It Had To Happen

In the wake of the recent court victory by Lotus over concerning copyright
infringement, Microsoft Inc. announced today that they are suing Lotus
for infringing on their lawsuit copyrights.  "We have examined the text
of the Lotus lawsuits and have determined that they violate our copyright
on look-and-feel lawsuits," a spokesman for Microsoft said.  "A lot of
effort was spent developing the concept of look-and-feel lawsuits and
Lotus is capitalizing on our work."  At the same time, Microsoft filed
for a patent on look-and-feel lawsuits.

A federal judge granted a preliminary injuction against Lotus, preventing
them from pursuing further lawsuits on the basis of copyright infringement
until formal briefs could be filed by both sides.  Borland stock jumped
1 5/8 on the news.

------- End of Forwarded Message