Re: Sounds like something I need to buy

At 21:54 7/2/2007, Gene Spafford wrote:

A small possible carp that may have been discussed before.  Many
web-head articles are hidden behind "must register to see" address
collection.  I have had trouble getting off their spam lists before
so just delete when I see one.

Aha! Then visit "http://www.bugmenot.com"; and be sure to get their bookmarklet. It is a great way to gain access to WWW sites that require registration, and do it without having to provide your own data!

And if you use Firefox, they have a Firefox plugin that makes it even easier. Once the plug-in is installed, you just right click (assuming you're a Windoze user) in the username bos on the site's login page and choose "Log in using BugMeNot". The plug-in queries the BugMeNot database and automagically inserts a username/password for you. If, for some reason that username/password doesn't work, then it keeps retrieving other usernames/passwords until it finds a pair that does.

Cheers,

LRC

--
Sen. Barack Obama, meanwhile, flirts with the option of
accepting public funds if he receives the Democratic