Fwd: GeeK: How websites on the internet are seen in other countries

Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:05:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Nev Dull <nev@sleepycat.com>
To: nev@bostic.com (/dev/null)
Subject: GeeK: How websites on the internet are seen in other countries

Forwarded-by: Dan Pritts <danno@umich.edu>

From: Joseph Mallett <jmallett@NewGold.NET>
To: geeks@monkey.org
Cc: the-list@NewGold.NET

Here in the US, most people I've talked to knew right off the bat that ManBeef.com was a joke, but it seems in other countries, News Agencies, the Government, etc., all reported on this DISTURBING American Website, but in America, we saw reports of a 'farce', a 'joke', a 'hoax', and (my favourite) a 'site designed to push the movie Hannibal'.

But today, I saw a Newspaper from Egypt which really takes the cake, and
I've put the image I was sent up on the web:

http://cvs.xMach.org/~jmallett/egypt.jpg

--
Joseph A. Mallett
http://srcsys.org