Man catches anthrax from WWW page!!! Elvis and UFOs involved!!

Amidst all the anthrax and other terrorism scares, I am sure you are all looking for signs of a return to normalcy.

Hard hit by recent events was American Media, the publisher of such hard-hitting media stars as "The National Enquirer," "The Examiner," "Weekly World News" and more. As you know, this is where the first and only death from anthrax has occurred.

Well, rest assured they have returned to normal, and are showing us the way.

Last week, the WWN featured a cover story on how "Batboy" had enlisted in the US Military. Apparently, Batboy suffers from some tragic genetic heritage (and bad teeth), and the News has some exclusive coverage of his trials and tribulations over the past few months and weeks. Most recently, he appears to have escaped from the FBI (at night, no doubt) and enlisted in the US military (Air Force perhaps?). You can even download a Batboy screensaver: <http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/news/index.cfm?instanceid=16306>. Other info on this patriotic mutant can be found here: <http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/batboy/index.cfm>.

And, leaving the drugstore yesterday, I happened to catch a glance at one of the headlines on a different issue that indicated that (parts of) a tiny mermaid had been found in a can of tuna! Those slackers at the FDA had better beware -- the news media is on guard for us!

I don't know about you, but I find this a refreshing change from the more traditional media's drumbeat of doom, gloom and conflict. There are other things to worry about in life, including UFO sightings, mutants joining our armed forces, and the secrets of Jennifer Lopez's honeymoon. And we have media that cover these things. It's what makes America great, and confuses the heck out of our enemies.

So, cheer up and have a great weekend. :-)
=======