[Prev][Next][Index]

Yucks Digest V1 #80

Yucks Digest                Mon,  2 Sep 91       Volume 1 : Issue  80

Today's Topics:
                            Administrivia
                          "grope" man page.
                              A proposal
                  conscience defined, but never used
                            errno entries
                     Fun with the "make" command
                         Humor ala Kernighan
                    man page for GNU echo command
                Stupid-sort -- an O(n*n!) sort program
                       Unix Adventure, Part II
                           Unix file names
                         What is a Unix Guru
                        What is a Usenet guru?
     Zippy the Pinhead is a live and well and living in New York.

The "Yucks" digest is a moderated list of the bizarre, the unusual, the
possibly insane, and the (usually) humorous.  It is issued on a
semi-regular basis, as the whim and time present themselves.

Back issues may be ftp'd from arthur.cs.purdue.edu from
the ~ftp/pub/spaf/yucks directory.  Material in archives
Mail.1--Mail.4 is not in digest format.

Back issues may also be obtained through a mail server.  Send mail to
"yucks-request@uther.cs.purdue.edu" with a "Subject:" line of the
single word "help".  You may also use this server to join or leave the
list, or to obtain an index of past issues.

Submissions and subscription requests should be sent to
spaf@cs.purdue.edu or yucks@uther.cs.purdue.edu