Date: 22 January 1991
From: spaf
Subject: Administrivia
To: yucklings

Two things on the agenda ("well, wipe it off!"):

1)  I've given some long thought to the problem of some people wanting
"yucks" as individual postings, and others wanting the digest.  Less
than a half-dozen people really strongly prefer the separate postings,
according to my mail.  Furthermore, as I have to do some severe editing
to some of the pieces that go out to the list, I have decided to keep
this as a digest only.  Hey, you get it for free, so don't complain!
:-)

2) Many people find the Iraq jokes in this and previous (and
subsequent) issues to be in poor taste.  Maybe so.  Then again, so are
many of the things we sometimes find funny.  Undoubtedly, the situation
is tragic.  Some people cope with tragedy by being off the wall.  (If
you consider life itself as tragic, that explains the behavior of a few
of us).

I will continue to post Iraq-related jokes and stories if they seem
particularly inventive, odd, or funny.  I will do the same with items
about blacks, Jews, women, gays, Aggies, newfies, and black Jewish
lesbians taking correspondance course from Texas A&M at home in St.
Johns.  I will draw the line, however (albeit somewhat crookedly), at
jokes about bearded, overworked CS professors.  Those are generally too
strange to be funny.