[Prev][Next][Index]

A Matter of Pride

>From "The Secular Humorist", of "Free Inquiry" magazine:

>From the monthly newspaper "Hinduism Today" comes word that "Hindus are
running at the head of the pack" when it comes to the Guiness Book of World
Records.  Ashrita Furman, a disciple of guru Sri Chinmoy, allegedly holds the
most records claimed by one person - 13 - including records for jumping jacks
(27,000) and somersaulting (12.25 miles).  Shamefully, the record for lying on
a bed of nails (300 hours) is held by a Christian clergyman.  The paper
"thinks Hindus should get it back" and promises publicity to any Hindu who
meets Guiness's tough requirements to break the record.

--------

False Idols

Rock Star Billy Idol, who recently was injured in a motorcycle accident, had
the following to say about reports that the accident had led him to find God:
"Everybody got it wrong.  I said I was into porn again, not born again."