[Prev][Next][Index]

Computers, C and Drugs

Just when you thought it was safe to turn on your computers.

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From INFO-M2@ucf1vm.cc.ucf.edu Mon Oct 15 12:42:48 1990
Sender: Modula2 List <INFO-M2%UCF1VM.BITNET@ucf1vm.cc.ucf.edu>
From: editor%ucf1vm.BITNET%LILAC.BERKELEY.EDU@ucf1vm.cc.ucf.edu
Subject:      Re: JPI V1.06B
Comments: To: info-modula-2@ucf1vm.BITNET

WARNING SOAPBOX MODE ON **********************************

    Alas, I agree with everything you say, Greg.  And I have to live
with  lousy old C myself on a day to day basis.  I sometimes wonder what
the moral difference is between programming in C and selling drugs to
school children for a living.  Look at this; it's an egg.  It's like
your CPU.  Now break it open and lay it in a smoking frying pan to
bubble, boil, change colors and burn.  This is your CPU on C code.

    Think about it .

--
uucp: uunet!m2xenix!puddle!161!42!Frank.Warren
Internet: Frank.Warren@f42.n161.z1.fidonet.org

----- End Included Message -----