[Prev][Next][Index]

[bostic@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Bostic): JOTD]

Keith has been out in the sun too long....

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Fri, 28 Sep 90 09:06:01 -0700
From:    bostic@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Bostic)
To:      /dev/null@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: JOTD

        it was the annual dinner of the elite, high-class sportsmen's club.
the evening was progressing splendidly, and the members were at the
dinner table, telling tales of adventure.  the president of the club
taps his wine glass with his spoon.
        "attention, your attention, please everyone", he says, rising
to his feet.  the room quiets down.  "i wish to thank you all for
coming to our annual dinner, to celebrate what has been a banner
year".  the members politely clap.
        "this evening", the president continues, "we are very honored
to have as our guest, the great adventurer, explorer, and safari
hunter Sir Hillary!"  the crowd applauds enthusiastically, and Sir
Hillary, a venerable old english gentleman, rises from his seat and
takes a bow.  "if you please, Sir Hillary", says the president, "i'm
sure that we would all like to hear a story of one of your most
exciting adventures".  the members of the club say "hear, hear!", and
generally express their desire to hear a tale.
        "well," says Sir Hillary, slowly rising again to his feet, "in
1929, i was in deepest, darkest africa, hunting a man-eating tiger.
we had walked and walked for days without seeing anything.  suddenly,
there was a rustle in the bushes. 'quickly!', i cried to timba, 'my
rifle!'.  but it was too late.  before i could get my rifle, the
bushes parted, and out came the biggest, meanest, hungriest tiger that
had ever roamed the earth.  he reared up on his hind legs, blocking
out the sun as he snarled 'RRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!'"
        Sir Hillary sat down.  the crowd murmers as the president
begins to wonder about old Sir Hillary.  "please, Sir Hillary,
continue with your story" the president says.  Sir Hillary slowly
stands up.  with a sheepish look on his face, Sir Hillary quietly
states:
        "i shit".  then he sits back down.
        now the crowd really begins to murmer.  the president is
mortified, wondering if there is any way that he can save the
situation.  "well, Sir Hillary...", he stammers, "i.. i suppose that
any of us could have reacted the same way in such a... uh...
frightening situation..."  Sir Hillary stands back up.
        "no, no, no, you ninny!" says the old englishman, "i don't
mean that i shit back in deepest, darkest africa in 1929!.  i shit
when i said 'RRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!'"

------- End of Forwarded Message