[Prev][Next][Index]

[osc!strick@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (henry strickland): new machines!]

------- Forwarded Message

Originally-from: amdcad!uunet!iis.ethz.ch!kells (Kevin Kells)

Yeah, we're really on top of things. We've already ordered 25
SuperSparc 3's, due in the 4th quarter 1998. Those are the ones with
the holographic displays and Speed-of-Light (tm) math coprocessors that
don't even have clock cycles: the optical device just gives you the
answer at the same time you put in the question (like how light
calculates where to shine and where not to shine instantaneously when
you put your hand in front of a flashlight aimed at the wall and turn
the flashlight on). All of this packaged into a credit-card-sized
workstation run by solar energy. I actually had a prototype, but I
put it in my wallet and sat on it. Oh well.

------- End of Forwarded Message