Re: Sounds like something I need to buy

> > A small possible carp that may have been discussed before.  Many
> > web-head articles are hidden behind "must register to see" address
> > collection.  I have had trouble getting off their spam lists before
> > so just delete when I see one.
>
> Aha!  Then visit "http://www.bugmenot.com"; and be sure to get their
> bookmarklet.  It is a great way to gain access to WWW sites that
> require registration, and do it without having to provide your own data!

Not a carp but perhaps a minnow or a small flounder: URLs longer than
80 columns tend to get broken into two or more lines, especially if
they have things like question marks embedded in them.  For some
reason, Spaf's URLs tend to do this more than other -- I think it's
the Apple mailer he's using.  Thunderbird doesn't seem to want to put
them back together so I have to do manual cut and paste to view them.

TinyURL (http://tinyurl.com) is your friend.  Or at least mine.
There's even a nifty little toolbar button that will automagically
create a compressed URL.

							spl

=======