Fwd: The Conquistador = First to Last

From: Jim Schindler <jimschin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: January 25, 2006 2:14:36 PM EST

                                         Word Count

"WordCount™ is an artistic experiment in the way we use language.
It presents the 86,800 most frequently used English words, ranked
in order of commonness. Each word is scaled to reflect its frequency
relative to the words that precede and follow it, giving a visual
barometer of relevance. The larger the word, the more we use it.
The smaller the word, the more uncommon it is.

It's pretty nifty.  Check it out!

Think of a word to enter. I chose "dog" and then pressed the Enter key.
This may be the Return key on your keyboard. You can also click the
arrow next to the blank box to start the search. Dog is ranked 1279.

You can also search by Rank. Type in a number between 1 and 86,800
and click the arrow or hit the Enter key. Now you'll also see the words
next to your chosen word by rank. These words are ranked by commonness.

The = Most common
Conquistador = Least common

http://www.wordcount.org/